How to Create Pillar Content Plan
In Domain Insights, go to the top navigation menu, click Plans > Content Plans.
Step 1: Create your content plan
- Hit the Create Content Plan button on the right top corner.
- Name your plan
- Notes: Recommended naming convention: [type] – [core topic]
- Add your products/ offers
- Select from existing offers. Or type a new one.
- Add your buyer persona
- Select from existing buyer personas. Or type a new one.
- Add your focus topics
- Notes: Choose the term that your buyers will use to search for their problems and your products on Google.
- Hit Save to finish.
Step 2: Generate related topics
- Analyze one topic at a time
- Click each topic to open the suggested keywords view.
- Choose a related keyword from the suggestion list
- Check the box on the left side of each keyword to choose. You can bulk select them.
- Add them to your plan
- Click the Content Plan button and choose the content plan for the selected keywords.
Step 3: Schedule your content calendar
- View your keyword list
- Exit the sidebar slide-over. The keywords are shown at the bottom of the Content Plan page.
- Assign a date for each topic
- Click the button next to each keyword. Choose the right time and date. Hit Save.
- View your content calendar
- Click the Content Calendar button right above the keyword list.
- Adjust your content calendar
- Click on each keyword. Drag and drop them to the right date, or month to adjust your content calendar.